Monday, March 2, 2015

Soft Skills

Source

Soft skills represent personal qualities of a person with regard to their professional behavior and commitment to the fundamental values of life. Honesty, integrity, and positive attitude are examples of few soft skills which are indispensable for an administrative assistant. Nowadays employers are giving more importance to soft skills, though hard skills are essential.


I have learned that courtesy, honesty, integrity and a sense of responsibility are the pivotal skills for an administrative assistant in a company. One of my friends who is working as an administrative assistant had managed to receive quick promotion in a short time. A bit curious, I asked her the secret for her rapid promotion. She told me that she works with honesty, integrity, and responsibility. Moreover, she has been a problem solver and she used to deal with aggressive clients with a calm and positive attitude and tried to solve their problems on the spot. Sometimes when the issue was beyond her limit or control, she consulted her manager.

My personal experience is that a positive approach contributes a lot in your personal development, while your positive image improves the image of your company. When I was working in a volunteer position at Plasp, my sense of responsibility taught me a number of ways to complete given tasks by a specific time. By using the technique of time management, I cleared a number of pending files. Thus, I improved my work to complete the tasks on time. Before that I was not as efficient in successfully utilizing my time, but now I am accomplishing my goals.






Positive self-esteem makes an administrative assistant confident and graceful. It is the ground where you stand tall among your colleagues. When you make sound judgments and cool decisions the company and the clients have trust in you and in your actions.


                                                                           Source


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your articles that you have shared with us. Hopefully you can give the article a good benefit to us. Healgen Covid19 Tests

    ReplyDelete