Thursday, February 5, 2015

Golden Traits of an Administrative Assistant

An Administrative Assistant plays a key role in almost every company.  He/she has to perform a variety of administrative tasks in the office, so it is necessary to be effective and efficient. To be a smart administrative assistant, it is essential to have Hard skills, including typing, word processing, desktop publishing and other office-related software skills. 

In Canada, employers are giving more importance to Soft skills that are necessary for the accomplishment of  job targets. Soft skills include personal qualities such as being honest, responsible, and having a positive attitude. In addition to that, an administrative assistant should dress professionally because he/she has to meet with their clients and negotiate business deals, coordinate between the workers and management, and maintain confidentiality of the affairs of the company.


Source

I would like to share my personal experience, as most of the above mentioned traits can be acquired by experience, training and education. I am a student of the Office Administration Executive program. I have a keen interest in enhancing my professional and personal capabilities, which are supported by my previous experience in the field of Information Technology. I have learned some very important skills and techniques in this course such as keyboarding, word processing, and creating spreadsheets and databases which are essential for an administrative assistant. 

I believe the Interpersonal skills of a person cannot be ignored for this position. During my learning process in group assignments, I have developed interpersonal skills to deal with a variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds. Further, it is a kind of social networking which creates closer contacts and understanding between group members. It also provides an opportunity to exchange ideas.



I am an ambitious person having a deep desire to work with the top management of the company. Typing, travelling and dealing with people from diverse culture is a pleasure for me. I am confident and a communicative person. Working in a large educational institution such as Sheridan College, Humber College, or George Brown College as an administrative assistant would be a dream come true for me.




                                                                         Source



1 comment:

  1. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Tim hornibrook

    ReplyDelete