Friday, February 13, 2015

Keyboarding Skills

The ability to input information using a keyboard is known as keyboarding. It has become an essential skill for an administrative assistant. In the old days, office secretaries were assigned to work on typewriters and only those who worked as a typist in the offices were required to develop typing skills. Due to the advancement of the technology and fast working environment, keyboarding skills are important for every manner of job. For an administrative assistant it is very important to type with consistency, speed and accuracy. Administrative assistants who are able to type documents accurately and enter data quickly perform their routine tasks efficiently and effectively.


Source
Word processing software requires excellent typing skills to process, revise and compose documents. This skill is also mandatory to access and update data for using database software. Keyboarding skills are a must for an administrative assistant.

I have a pleasant experience in learning keyboarding skills. I have spent a huge amount of time in learning this skill. In the beginning it was a bit difficult but gradually, I started to enjoy keyboarding. It is also an important skill for professional development. Now I have a good speed of typing and I can perform my assignments efficiently. The accuracy and speed in my typing has opened a new dimension of job opportunities.



                                                                            Source

I would like to share my Sheridan College experience; as I did not have any background in professional typing, during my first semester I had to work longer hours to complete my assignments and projects. It was more difficult for me when I had to complete my in-class assignments and tests. I hardly managed to complete them and sometimes, because of the limited time duration, I was unable to attempt some parts of the tests. But I tried hard to improve my typing skills. I followed the famous proverb, “Practice makes perfect”. So is the case with me; now I can complete my assignments efficiently and can finish my in-class assignments and tests well before time.


1 comment:

  1. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Administrative Assistant Seattle

    ReplyDelete